Saturday, December 31, 2005

December 31, 2005 - Ride-train-ride.

What a way to end the year - with the "bug" that's going around. Last night I thought I just bonked on my ride to work. Well, it was more like the begining of doom. Basically, I now feel like crap, my stomach, head, and caboose are all in termoil, and I was 7.5 miles from home at 6:00 AM this morning (32 Farenheight - burrr).

Well, I did as I planned. I coughed up the $2.25 and bought a train ticket for the ride home. The ride to the train was under 5 minutes, the wait for the train was 5 minutes, the ride was 14 minutes, and the ride home (until the hill I walked up) was another 5 minutes. 30 minutes total, I was home before 7:45 (I left the office at 6:15). I couldn't have ridden faster.

The Train Conductor didn't even bat an eyebrow (and she really only had one to begin with), she just took my ticket and kept going.

I am off to bed. The weather forecast is crummy, I feel crummy, so I'll likely drive to work tonight and be one less target for the drunk drivers.

1 Comments:

Blogger magi said...

How much longer will you have to make the chainstays? More than an inch do you think?

Is this the least expensive way to re-design and hence the reason it needs to be a chainstay modification rather than a change in spec'd derailleur (etype?), and or a change in the seat tube configuration?


Velocity Wheels Vw830

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home